Search This Blog

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Updated Contact Details

As of now, I've added contact details to my review and posting policy and deleted the "contact me" page. I suppose I should have done it a while ago. It's confusing to have both. I do apologise to those of you who need to contact me for other reasons - I've had some poor sods write a comment because they couldn't find my email address - but you'll just have to skip the policy and go to the bottom.

Recently, I received a review request from a local writer who hadn't read the review policy page, on which I say I'm not taking anything except from publishers I deal with until I can get down my pile of TBR. He should have, I suppose, but that's neither here nor there. He no doubt felt that as his book looked like the ones I was reviewing and he had looked through some posts, his work was appropriate for this blog. And it was, under normal circumstances.

I told him I had to decline for reasons outlined on my review policy and he pointed out politely that Contact Me and the policy were on separate pages. I had been thinking about it for a while and now I've done it.

So, please, if you're thinking of sending an inquiry, go to the Review Policy page, which is now the Review Policy and Contact page. That way, you won't get confused and I won't have any more marketing company inquiries that have ignored the policy page and gone straight to Contact. No further excuses, although I have had some that said, "Yeah, we read that, but we hoped you'd make an exception..."

If you want to say something about a post, please put it in the comments. That's what the comments are for.


No comments: